Country Maid has a multitude of departments where many employees have dedicated 5, 10 and even over 20 years of employment to the company. It's not simply a job; Country Maid is an organization dedicated to employee development from internships to entry level and managers to the most seasoned employees.
Download application here
Are you a creative, innovative problem-solver with excellent communication skills looking for a summer opportunity that’ll help prepare you for your entire career?
If yes, Country Maid is your ideal next step on your career path!
The Marketing/Communications Intern will have an impact on Country Maid’s ongoing brand and marketing goals by collaborating with the Marketing team and various departments and stakeholder teams within the organization. While the Intern’s primary objective will be the review, evaluation and modernization of existing communication pieces for our dealer network, this is an opportunity gain insight into various aspects of the Marketing field, including copywriting, market research, competitor analysis, media relations and more. The Intern will learn and follow Country Maid’s strategies and brand fundamentals to align all material and communications needs, resulting in furthering a positive image of the organization to our internal and external stakeholders.
As a Summer Marketing/Communications Intern, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Develop new and review to update communication pieces for CMI’s dealer network, including promotional materials, general marketing educational pieces and dealer recruitment information.
- Write and assist the graphic design team with development of communication in varying forms including blog posts, media releases and case studies.
- Utilize technical writing skills to produce copy for infographics and other marketing materials.
- Under the direction of the Marketing Manager, learn criteria and assist with media and public relations.
- Help develop strategy for CMI’s social media accounts, including development of social media messaging calendars and content.
- Conduct market research and competitor analysis as needed.
- Assist with event planning and preparation, including CMI’s Annual Dealer Conference
- Work with experienced marking team members to understand best-practices, communications, branding, lead generation, target audiences, and value creation
- Make recommendations and contribute ideas to deliver value to our target audiences
Position requirements include:
- This position requires a strong work ethic and is designed for a current junior or senior working towards a bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Graphic Design, Multimedia Design, Communications or a related field.
- Solid understanding of basic marketing and communications practices/techniques.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines, managing several projects at a time.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Knowledge of and experience using popular Social Media platforms, including Facebook & Pinterest.
- Comfortable with technology and Microsoft products: Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Exhibits creative thinking and problem solving.
- Good judgment, perception skills, and customer service.
- Exhibits polished, professional interpersonal communication skills and personal presentation, speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listens and gets clarification, responds well to questions, demonstrates group presentation skills and participates in meetings.
- Writes clearly and informatively, edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information. Must have excellent editing skills, understanding of proper grammar and AP Style.
- This position is classified as a paid, part-time Summer Internship.
- This position reports directly to the Marketing Manager
Download application here (or pick one up from Country Maid)
Mail, email, or drop off application to Human Resources:
Country Maid, Inc.
PO Box 56
213 4th Ave NE
West Bend, IA 50597
A pre-employment drug screen and physical is required for this position.
Country Maid is an equal opportunity employer.